Bill Hillman Presents
Forces: Land ~ Air ~ Sea ~ Home
Compiled by Bill Hillman
FLASH. . . Editor and Webmaster: Bill Hillman:

Sunderland taking off

By the start of the Second World War in September 1939 three squadrons had been equipped with the Sunderland. Seven hundred and forty-nine Sunderlands were built, and they served throughout the war. The final Coastal Command Sunderland operational mission was in June 1945 over four weeks after the German surrender. Long-range Sunderland operations also took place overseas from bases in Africa and the Far East.

Post-war the type took part in the Berlin Airlift carrying 4920 tonnes (4847 tons) of freight. During the Korean War Sunderlands based in Japan undertook nearly 900 operational sorties totalling over 13350 hours of flying. The Sunderland finally retired from RAF service in 1959 when the last aircraft were scrapped at RAF Seletar, Singapore.

The Sunderland's design was so good that it remained in front line service for over twenty years. It was also the last flying-boat operated by the Royal Air Force. The Sunderland was produced as a military development of the 'C'-Class Empire flying-boat operated by Imperial Airways. It entered service in June 1938 and was the first British flying boat to have power-operated gun turrets as part of its defensive armament. This strong protective armament resulted in the Germans giving it the nickname 'Flying Porcupine'.

Don Macfie  WAG on 423 and 422 Sunderland Squadrons 

Something inside me has been nagging for months to write this little sad story. And now I have, I hope it goes away.

Harry Parliament had been a school teacher in Cannington, Ontario, and must have been in his thirties, an old man to us 19 and 20 year old squirts.  But Harry had the right education to become a good Navigator at Oban Scotland. Harry’s countenance was plain. Back home in “Sunny Slope” Ontario, my mother would have said, “plain homely,” with his long face and jutting jaw.

Eventually it came to notice that Harry was escorting a female Naval person, just as plain and homely as himself. Tall and angular, straight lines, strolling arm in arm.

We finally got operational with 12 crews at Castle Archdale in Northern Ireland, late fall 1942. By August 1943 we had all done many long and tiring trips. In 1943 I was “joed” into Bishop’s crew in which Harry was the Navigator for one patrol. Working across the isle from him, over a long, rough night trip of 16 hours or more, I got to see how thorough and accurate he was. In a wild North Atlantic gale, navigational  aids being wireless fixes from Group, and with rain pouring in from a leaking astro hatch right over Harry’s navigation table, he brought us home right on time.

In August 1943 both our crews were scheduled for a search above 63 degrees North, close to Iceland and then land at Reykjavik. For some reason our trips were switched and we went first leaving at 10:30 p.m. We put in a peaceful trip of 15 hours over calm seas.

Bishop’s crew followed the next morning at 0455 hours to cover the same area. They found a fully surfaced “Milch Cow” submarine (a refuelling vessel) on the surface. It was the one of two left in the enemy’s fleet and it serviced 12 Atlantic submarines in the area.

Bishop’s crew attacked and the result was a destroyed submarine, a downed aircraft, and a lot of airmen and sailors floating around in a  sea of burning fuel. A German started firing his luger pistol and ‘Ginger’ Harcroft took a bullet between the eyes. Harry Parliament was wounded and struggling in the water. The rest of the crew reported that when they last saw Harry, he had a look of agony on that plain countenance as he sank beneath the waves, never to re-surface.

Bishop’s crew.
 Front – Val Richard; Art Mountford 
 Second row – S. Gossop (KIA); Harry Parliament (KIA);  Wetlaufer;
 Third row – Horseborough;  Kelly (KIA);  Bishop;
  Standing front – “Huck” Finn;
  Extreme rear - “Ginger” Harcroft (KIA) - (Killed in Action)

The British Destroyer Castleton picked up six survivors of Bishop’s 10 man crew and fifty-eight survivors of the submarine crew. 

423 Squadron Crest
Nickname: Eagle
Motto: QUAERIMUS ET PETIMUS - "We search and strike"

by Andrew Hendrie reports this attack pg 77/78 
ISBN 1-55 125 –038-1 
Vanwell Publishing Limited
PO Box 2131
St. Catharines, ON L2R 7S2 

Roll out of the Curtiss Special Replica 
July 09, 2006-07-20 Alberta Aviation Museum, Edmonton, Alberta.
Submitted by Ted Hackett
The first air mail delivery in Western Canada took place on July 9, 1918, when Catherine Stinson flew her Curtiss Special from Calgary to Edmonton with 259 pieces of mail. The flight took two hours and when she landed in Edmonton she handed over the bag of mail to the Edmonton Postmaster.

The Alberta Aviation Museum decided some years ago to commence  a restoration programme to bring the Curtiss Special back to life. It soon became apparent that no remains of the original aircraft or plans had survived. However, the Museum was undaunted and decided to construct a full scale replica of the aircraft. The major details f the aircraft were obtained from old photographs and parts from similar aircraft. It proved to be one of the most challenging projects undertaken by the Museum.

A more detailed account of the building of the replica and photographs of it under construction, can be found in June 2006 Short Bursts Page. (scroll down to archives)

On July 9, 2006, a re-enactment of that famous flight took place when Audrey Kahovec, a pilot with the Edmonton Flying Club, flew from Calgary to Edmonton carrying 259 pieces of mail. The envelopes of the mail were designated and produced by the Western Chapter of the Canadian Aerophilatelic Society.

When Audrey Kahovec landed she was driven to the Curtiss Special replica. She climbed into the cockpit and the aircraft was pushed to the reviewing stand where she handed the bag of mail to a representative of Canada Post.

Audrey Kahovec delivering the mail

This beautiful restoration is the work of Lindsay Deeprose, the Restoration Manager, and his skilled team of Gerry Blacklock, John Burley, Arnold Dayman, Jean Philippe Dacaen, Bill Else, Jim Fearn, Garry Fischer, Bill Gunn, Stan Larson, Denis Loiseau, Chuck MacLaren, Gordon MacLaren, Roy Miller, and Paul Swanson.

Anyone coming to Edmonton should make a point of visiting the Alberta Aviation Museum to see this work of art. While the Museum is home to some great aircraft, this one for the moment, has to be the gem of the collection.

The Armoured Train 
by Ted Hackett

The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour and the enemy’s successes in the following weeks and months caused great concern on the West Coat of Canada. Prince Rupert was now a strategic port, and embarkation point for US Army Personnel and supplies destined for Alaska. The United States had already built an installation and had several personnel stationed at the port. The Canadian National Railway line that ran along the Skeena river now became very important. At that time no highway ran to Prince Rupert.

The defence of Prince Rupert was supported by seven coastal batteries and, in 1942, by two railway guns supplied by the United States Army.The RCAF 7 BR Squadron patrolled the area using Blackburn Shark aircraft on floats. John Moyles was stationed there and hopefully he will write an account of his adventures at that time.

In early 1942 it was decided to build an armoured train to patrol the railway line between Prince Rupert and Terrace, B.C., a distance of 95 miles. The train was assembled at the CNR Transconna Workshops in Winnipeg, Manitoba and consisted of seven pieces of modified, armour plated, rolling stock pulled by a steam locomotive. The locomotive was a CN class H-10, number 1426 and 4-6-0 commonly called a “10 wheeler”. That last bit of information is for any railroad buffs amongst our readers. There were plans to replace the steam locomotive with a diesel electric and CN No.9000 was chosen, but by the time it was obtained through the US Navy the need for the train was downgraded.

The train was manned by a company from the Winnipeg Grenadiers and equipped with Bren Guns, 75mm and Bofor guns. The assigned task was to patrol the Skeena river and engage any ships that attempted to sail up the river and, perhaps land troops.

The Japanese departure from Kiska in the Aleutian Islands and the reoccupation of the Island by the US Army certainly lessened the threat to Prince Rupert and the train was eventually taken out of service. The train was parked on the siding at Terrace and eventually returned to the CNR for dismantling., a little over two years since its creation.

Ted refers to an excellent book on the topic; THE ARMOURED TRAIN IN CANADIAN SEVICE by Roger V. Lucy. Your Editor was able to obtain this book, courtesy of Robert Henderson. Following are some interesting excerpts from Roger Lucy’s book.

With the attack on Pearl Harbour December 7, 1941 and the fall of Singapore 15 February 1942, public opinion on the West Coast, in the words of C.P. Stacey were ….in a state approaching panic…..
[Editor –  at that time plans for the mass evacuation of Vancouver Island where being formulated.]  Security was so tight that people in Prince Rupert did not know of the armoured train until after the war.

The CNR train crew consisted of, engineer, fireman, conductor, and two brakemen. Department of National Defence reimbursed the CNR $100.00 per day for each crew member and $80.00 per day for rental of equipment.

The train at all times was to be in charge of the CNR crew, who in turn were under the orders of the O.C. Troops and move the train in accordance to his instructions subject to the standard of operating rules.

The five officers and 145 Other Ranks were made up mainly of  Home Defence conscripts and moral was not high. Major General W.A. Giesbach , Inspector General for Western Canada states that he found them unenthusiastic, even sullen. On the first run to Prince Rupert two went AWOL. 

And you tail gunners thought you had it tough.

To add to the problems the rail bed was in need of up grading. Ties were rotting and some spikes were so loose they could be removed by hand. The resulting vibration necessitated lowering the speed to 10 to 15 mph. The vibrations played havoc with the search lights and gun mountings which were attached solidly to the floors of the rail cars. The cars had to be sent to Vancouver for adjustments.

For security reasons the train did not adhere to scheduled runs. As a result it ran over a man asleep on the tracks severing both is legs. It was determined  that he was a local sleeping off a binge. Two CNR rail line workers were killed when the train hit them when they were using jackhammers. Due to the non scheduled runs they were not expecting the train and they did not hear it approaching over the sound of  jackhammers .Due to the status of the roadbed, the train was located at Tyee, close to the mouth of the Skeena. 

On November 7, 1942 the train complement consisted of a Major, Company Sgt. Major, Quarter Master Sergeant, 3 Corporals,, clerk, artificer, and cook. The remainder of the crew were detailed from 14th Brigade, an Infantry company (5 officers and 119 Ors) gun crew (2 officers and 24Ors, searchlight crew (8 Ors), signals (3Ors), Medical staff,  and 3 Royal Canadian Engineers.

Prince Rupert Regiment Badge provided by 
stamp and Military Memorabilia Collector 
Nick Kainer, Regina, SK. 
Nick served with 5th Canadian Armoured Troop W/S
in the Italian Campaign.

The first Commanding Officer of the Armoured train was Captain N..K. Gateson of the Winnipeg Grenadiers who served from 27 June, 1942 to 28 February 1943. He was replaced by Major J.C. Herbert of the Oxford Rifles who served until the train was moth-balled in October 1943.

On July 31, 1944, Royal Assent was given to the Order in council disbanding the Unit.

Ted suggested your Editor add a line concerning the North West Coast defences. [Big mistake Ted, never ask a yakkety old bugger to “add a line.”]

In 1942 we had to challenge all shipping in the area with the call signals of the day. We often came across Russian freighters heading for the port of Prince Rupert. Sometimes they would respond, sometimes not. When we dropped down to deck level their ack ack guns followed us closely. In most cases they were manned by women. We went down to the docks when they arrived in port but they were forbidden to speak with us.

My experience with the mighty Skeena is as follows.

The Diversion Base

Jerry Mckenna and I were returning from a patrol and base radioed advising that Prince Rupert was fogged in. We were ordered to divert to the Diversion Base at Lake Lac Else, approximately 60 miles inland up the Skeena River, We found the mouth of the river but, due to heavy fog, Jerry had to fly with the pontoons just above the fast flowing river waters.
We had to follow the river under fog banks and around many bends. At each turn in the river we prayed the fog around the corner would not be completely down on the deck. Mountains rose steeply on either side, and many power lines crossed the river. We flew under the lines. 

Finally we reached the camp and landed on the fresh water lake. The camp consisted of a one-room log cabin, no water or power, many 45 gallon drums of aviation fuel, piles of firewood. The one room cabin had a table, chairs, three beds, a wood stove, dishes and cutlery, and a cupboard full of canned goods covered in mould and rotting labels. They were all pork and beans. There were no personnel in attendance. The place was overgrown with weeds and bush and had become home to squirrels, whiskey jacks, and black bears

Each morning we would start the aircraft engine, and radio base for instructions. Due to the bad weather on the coast we spent three days at the lake with nothing to eat but pork and beans, and no local stores to purchase food. It was a pleasure swimming in the fresh water lake.

On return to Prince Rupert we learned that the Diversion Base was a precaution in the event of an enemy attack. Our obsolete aircraft would be no match for enemy fighters, so the plan was to move the whole squadron inland. Ottawa realized the inadequacy of its West Coast defences.

We never saw or heard of the armoured train.

7 BR Squadron, February 1942 (minus two crews on patrol)
Jerry Mckenna 2nd row 6 from Right. Jerry was killed in action flying out of Iceland with 162 Squadron, at the age of 22. 
We will remember him.
John Moyles (age 19) back row 2nd from Left. Other Members of the Ex-AG’s Association: Paul Switzer, Abbottsford, BC., back row 4th from Right ~ Mel Livingstone, Vancouver, BC., back row 3rd from Right ~ Tommy Taylor, Mather, Man., back row 5th. From Right; Harold Penn,  Burlington, Ont., Left Prop Blade. Behind, the mighty Blackburn Shark.

Ted Hackett sent the following bit of trivia

RCAF Station Patricia Bay, BC 1942 

Two RCAF Westland Lysanders painted to look like Lufwaffe aircraft for the movie, Commandos Strike at Dawn
Starring, paul Muni, Ana Lee, Sir Cedric Hardwicke, Robert Coote, and Rosemary DeCamp.

Feedback from Fairey Battle articles in June Page
By Howard Elliot

I earned my Air Gunners Wing at # 3 B&G Macdonald MB.

The Day that my lower bunk mate Bill Elliott (from Montreal, Que) and myself  (from Melville, Sk) did our drogue firing exercise, from a Fairey Battle, it was in January and the temp. was minus 30 degrees F.  Bill was allotted to fire his rounds first, so I vividly remember the square "hole" in the floor of the fuselage with no hatch cover.  What a  smell of exhaust, glycol, fuel and oil. I was sick to my stomach and barfed several times.  The first time  it was so sudden, my lunch went everywhere inside the plane.   I managed to get further upheavals out the "hole", without falling out, despite the fact there was no safety device to keep us from falling out.

I told Bill to fire off my rounds, which he did.  Perhaps the extra practise got him through his tour of "ops".  When we landed, I could hardly stand and was ordered to see the M.O.  I spent the night   under observation and was informed another incident like that and I would be out of aircrew. I was never airsick again.  Man was I embarrassed, poor Bill had to clean up the mess.  We realized the NCO only had one Elliott on his list at inspection time.  Thus we would take turns missing parade.

I had my first flight, in Melville, when I was about 15.  In Melville, on Dominion Day, the movie projectionist Harry Card, would give the public a flip for a dollar per pound, if one weighed over one hundred pounds.  If one weighed less than a hundred pounds, it was a dollar.  I made 4 quarters by playing the only song I knew on the piano.  F/L Card was attached to # 30 Hurricane Sqdn and died 29 Dec l940.

P.S.   When I was in Britain, I was fortunate to get leave and went to Ireland.  With help from the Legion, I was able to locate and visit 3rd cousin Elliotts, in the area of Donegal, which I have kept in touch with.  Unfortunately with the pressures of re-entering civy life, I did not keep up with Bill Elliott, who knows we might have been related.

God bless, take care.      Howard



I am a cousin of Harold Constable, born Windsor, Ontario, 1922.  Harold flew in Lancasters from the Diss area U.K. 1944 -1945.

I do know from earlier enquiries that Harold passed away some eight years ago in Windsor but I am trying to trace his Squadron number information whilst in the U.K. and details of when he was shot down over Holland 1944 or 1945. 

Any further information would be gratefully received for family history records.

Regards John Constable (Ex  F.A.A)

Dear John Moyles,

I've arrived at " Short bursts " after quite some time of trawling the net. I have a friend and neighbour, Walter Booth, who flew with the RCAF as radio op out of Croft during WW2.

As with most lads who served, I wasn't aware of this fact until quite recently because he never spoke of it. It was only when I told him last year I was visiting my brother in Ontario that it all came out.

Now to the point. I agreed to search for any information I could find on 434 Sqdn and more especially the crew he flew with. Some was plain sailing due to so much effort by people like yourself, but other bits ( Up-to-date information on the crew ) I've hit a blank wall and don't know where to turn. If you have time, could you please tell me where to look or who to contact ? If he had been with an RAF crew I think this would have been so much easier. I have joined so many British forums and drawn a blank !

Just to let you know this is in fact a genuine search the crew were -

434 sqdrn, crew 170.

F/L D.A.Milloy ( pilot ) RCAF
Sgt. G.C.Cook ( navigator ) RCAF
F/O A.Tschaikowsky ( bomb aimer ) RCAF
Sgt. A.Macarthur ( mid upper gunner ) RCAF
Sgt A.Dunne ( tail gunner ) RCAF
F/S F.Newton ( flight engineer ) RAF
And Sgt Walter Booth 2204667 ( radio opp ) RAF

I have been told that to get information on the dead or missing is quite easy. The living are so much more difficult. I agree.

Thanks for your time,
Dave Williams. 

Dear Sir, 

Possibly it's a bit after the fact but I located the link shown below wherein Adrian was looking for photographs of the RAF Memorial at Alness. My wife and I visited Alness/Invergordon in May this year and a very kind gentleman from the Alness Heritage Society drove us to the memorial and around many of the sites where WW2 remnants were still in place that a tourist from Canada would never have found.

Adrian had requested photographs of the memorial and since the link to his e-mail address has been disabled I have attached them here for forwarding to him if possible. If he wishes to contact me directly, he may reply to this e-mail address or There is a memorial room in the Heritage Society’s house dedicated to the air force during those times and they have a number if interesting artifacts and are constantly trying to acquire additional information.

I took quite a few digital photographs during our visit and would be pleased to share them with any interested person.

My father was a WAG on Sunderlands flying out of Alness on August 15, 1944. He and 10 other young Canadian airmen were killed on November 26th when DD851 crashed and burned with a full load of fuel and depth charges on the railway tracks two miles northeast of the Invergordon railway station. The funeral parade would obviously have been a few days later. All except one of the crew were buried in the Roskeen Cemetery.

The photographs are of the Memorial to the men who served at RAF Alness. It was unveiled by John Cruickshank, V.C. on October 16, 2001.

Kindest regards, 
David Kinton

Alness Memorial

Plaque on Memorial

Roskeen Cemetery

One of the original signs

More Corrrespondence Will Be Added Later

Ex-Ags Northern Alberta Branch

On June 4th 2006, the Ex-Air Gunners once again got together with the POW Association and the Wartime Aircrew Association for a barbeque at the Old Timer’s Cabin in Edmonton Alberta. This is the fourth year we have been invited for this event. There were 68 people in attendance and everyone had a great time. The photo shows a group of Ags and WAGs. It is a bit fuzzy – but then, so were some of the Ags and WAGs.

Your Editor only recognizes two members:
Ted Hackett extreme right back row (I think), and Svend Jensen, front row extreme right. 
The rest of you chaps, “No names – No pack drill.”

We thank Ted Hackett for this picture and report.


Marie “Nipper” Wright (nee Sylvester) - Born in Gurnsey in the Channel Islands, 1924, passed away on June 4, 2006.  We were notified of Marie’s passing by Mary Sawchenko who resides in the USA.

Marie’s father brought the family to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, where he obtained work as a policeman on the Edmonton Police Force. Mr. Sylvester had befriended a popular bush pilot by the name of Wop May. Marie had never been up in a plane before, but with Wop May’s encouragement she soon learned to fly. 

Marie joined the RCAF and took her training in the CATP. There were eight girls in the class between the ages of 18 and 22 years. That is, the girls were supposed to be 18 years or older, however, Marie Sylvester was only 16. As the Germans occupied the Channel Islands, there was no way to check the authenticity of an altered birth certificate! 

After earning her RCAF pilot’s wings Marie was posted to Hornchurch, near London, England, and was called upon to ferry planes to and from many stations in the UK. Marie flew 65 different Mks of aircraft, single engine fighters, twin and four engine bombers, in Britain, and after D-Day, over to France. At five foot two inches Marie Sylvester must have been the smallest ferry pilot in WWII.

Marie Wright beside a 2/3rd scale operational Hurricane in 
The Edmonton Heritage Museum.

Marie married a British pilot by the name of Wright and they moved to Canada. Mr. Wright passed away in 1956 so Marie had to raise their six children. She worked as manager of the Edmonton Roxy Theatre for 35 years. 

Marie was involved with the Aviation Heritage Society and spent many hours at the hangar conducting Museum business. Marie was an Honorary Member of the Ex-Air Gunner’s Association. Marie will be greatly missed.

”I recall Marie saying she landed a plane at a British airfield one day and  a mechanic ran up and shouted, “the war is over.” 
Marie said she had such mixed emotions she sat in the cockpit and wept”

Mary Sawchenko states: “The reason for my email to you is to ask you if you are aware of any Canadian Armed Forces benefit of funeral costs.  For many years that I knew Marie she always said that her funeral would be courtesy of the country she served.  I don't believe that she was buried that way. I don't want to cause a stink but she was a Flt. Lt. and why can't we find her listed in any of the Air Force documentation. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. I knew Marie and worked for her at the Roxy theatre along with many wonderful people who found out the sad news the same way I did. If there was an over sight in the burial of this wonderful women we would like to rectify it. My email is I live in the US now and lost touch with Marie two years ago. 

Thanks again, Mary


A big thank you to Ron “Bram” Bramley Editor of the RAF AG’s Association Newsletter, THE TURRET. The Spring/Summer Edition shows that the Association over the pond is alive and well. 

You can contact Ron at:
Ph.  0115 956 9266

For the bomber boys in our reading audience, we just have to pass on one of Ron’s cartoons from THE TURRET.

Did you Bomber types actually do this indecent exposure bit? I never had the opportunity; Blackburn Shark – pontoons; Sunderland and Catalina - just dirty big hulls; and Liberators – tricycle landing gear.

Thanks to all who contributed to this September Page. It has been a great break over July and August but must admit it is nice to be back in monthly routine – so far. 

Now the holidays have past, grandkids back at school, closing up the summer cabin, it is time to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboards and send us some stories and anecdotes for future issues of SHORT BURSTS. We can’t publish without your input.

Keep well.

John & Doreene Moyles

Regional Meetings

Southern Ontario Chapter
Royal Canadian Legion
Wilson Branch 527
948 Sheppard Avenue West
We meet the first Wednesday of each month at the Legion hall 1:00 pm. 
No meetings July, August, September.
Contact persons: 
Ken Hill  ~  President ~  905.789.1912
Bill Milne,  Secretary,
392 St. Clements Ave., 
Toronto, Ont. M5M 1M1 

Location - Royal Canadian Legion Br.#4 St. James Legion.
Date - Third Thursday of each month.
Time - Luncheon meeting (provide your own lunch).
Contact Member - Charlie Yule Ph. (204) 254-6264.

Northern Saskatchewan
Location - Lynx Wing Ave. C North, Saskatoon.
Date - Third Monday of the month.
Time - Luncheon meetings.
Contact Member - C.A. "Smokey" Robson  Ph. (306) 374-0547.

Northern Alberta Branch
Location - Norwood Branch 178, 11150 – 82 Street, Edmonton, AB
Date -  The first Thursday of each month.
Time - 12:00 hours.
Contact Members - E. H. "Ted" Hackett (780)962-2904
or Sven Jensen (780)465-7344.

Southern Alberta
Location - Royal Canadian Legion  #264 
Kensington, Calgary
Date: Second Monday of each month.
Time - 11:30 hours.
October meeting time moved to third Monday. 
Also there are no meetings in July and August, however, 
a Barbecue is usually held  at Larry Robinson's ranch in Okatoks during that time.

Contact Person and President
Larry Robinson 
Box 179
Okotoks, AB   T0L 1T0
(403) 938-4105

British Columbia Branch 
Meeting time and local: 2nd Tuesday of each month at 11:30 
Firefighters Social & Athletic Club, 
6515 Bonsor Avenue, 
Burnaby, B.C. V5H 3E8 
Super eating facilities 
Contact person - Dave Sutherland       Ph. 604-431-0085 

Members across the Country are encouraged to 
send current information regarding 
regular meeting places, dates, and Contact Members, to

John and Doreene Moyles, 
Ste. 233 - 1060 Dorothy St., 
Regina, Sask.     S4X 3C5  CANADA
Ph. (306) 949-6112


Members are requested to send their experiences, articles, anecdotes, pictures, etc., to John Moyles and I will forward them to our Web Master in Brandon. Articles and Last Post items will be deleted from the page each month after the designated Member in each region has had an opportunity to copy the material for their Members. Notices of deceased Members are to be sent to Charlie Yule who is still our 'Keeper of the Rolls'. 

This is your SHORT BURSTS with no printing or mailing costs, and no deadlines! 
We thank our Web Master, Bill Hillman, for his volunteer time and expertise.

As You Were . . .
Tribute Webzines
Navigation Chart to the
Hillman WWII Tributes
Short Bursts
Ex-Air Gunners Association

Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum: RCAFHMCS Prince Robert: Hillman WWII Scrapbook - RCNXII Dragoons - 26 RCA Museum
Webmaster: William G. Hillman
Editor and Webmaster Bill Hillman ~ Copyright 1996-2021
 © 2008 Bill Hillman and Ex-Air Gunners Association